Flightman are recruiting a technical writer to join their team in Malahide.
- Develop and deliver quality product documentation including User Guides, Installation Guides, Reference Material, Release Notes and other technical documents to our integration partners and customers.
- Create and implement training materialfor our customers including Computer Based Training modules.
- Support the development of our quality systems and related documentation to the industry standards and guidelines required.
- Manage and maintain the Company Document Management System.
- Working closely with the Project Manager and Development team to ensure targets are met.
- 2+ Years technical writing experience in a software industry.
- A Third level qualification in Technical Communications, Science, IT or a related area.
- Fluent English speaker with excellent written English.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, and are self-assured, articulated and effective in written communications and presentation techniques.
- Extensive experience in the full MS Office Suite including MS Visio.
- Ability to prioritise multiple requests and then take charge of these to meet deadlines
- Testing experience such as documenting Test Procedures or Test Reports would be advantageous.
Java Software Engineers
This is an exciting opportunity to work in the ever challenging aviation industry. The product that the successful candidate will be working with runs in the cockpit of many commercial airline aircraft.
Role / Responsibilities:
- Provide estimates, design, develop and test code to meet application requirements and required deadlines.
- Resolve issues and/or identify approaches to solutions.
- Comply with coding standards.
- Part of a team responsible for supporting implementation and post-installation testing and fixing of any problems.
Skills / Experience: Potentially 2 positions available:
Junior Engineer 0-4 years in a java software development role
Senior Engineer 5+ years in a java software development role
- 3rd level degree in Computer Science or related discipline
- Excellent communication skills – both written and oral
- Exposure to development principles / methodologies
- Technical Skills – Java/J2EE, Swing, Struts, Web Services, JMS, JDBC, Eclipse, TomCat, jUnit, Ant, HTML, JSP, XSLT, XML
Flightman require a Software Project Manager for the Dublin office. Ideally the successful candidate would have a Bachelor’s degree with 2 – 4 years experience and a proven record in the successful delivery of software lifecycle projects. PMI or Prince Certification would be an advantage
- Manage a successful project development and implementation from beginning to end
- Involved in defining and documenting the project scope, requirements, goals and deliverables that support customer needs in collaboration with senior management and stakeholders.
- Development of supporting project plans and associated communications documents.
- Effectively communicate project expectations to team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion
- Liaising with project stakeholders on an on-going basis and providing status reports on the agreed timelines.
- Work with the Head of Client Services to effectively resource the project
- Identify and resolve issues and conflicts within the project team.
- Responsible for the identification, management and mitigation of risks within the project.
- Responsible to maintaining the Project Schedule and milestones and thus identifying and managing project dependencies and critical path.
- Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential crisis, and devise contingency plans.
- In conjunction with the customer and/or integration parties documenting the project success criteria
- Conduct project post mortems and create a Lessons learned reports for future project implementations.
- Responsible for maintaining the Training material required by the customers
- Strong customer relationship management focus and can demonstrate where you have worked with and built relationships with stakeholders at a senior level
- Bachelor’s degree
- 2 – 4 years project management experience.
- Proven record in the successful delivery of software lifecycle projects.
- PMI or Prince Certification would be an advantage.
- Proficient in MS Project or similar